Thursday, January 6, 2011

#13 Flaco Jimenéz


Jealous Heart/ Por Una Mujer Bonita- Flaco Jimenéz
“Jealous Heart”- The accordion! Flaco goes to town with his accordion on this… TexMex(?) sound. It has that jumpy tuba bass and the rolling drums typical with traditional music from Mexico. The lyrics are in English and this it is personally refreshing, because I understand what is going on. The accordion solos are full of the wailing bursts and rapid-fire notes that make your head bounce & bob. Funny how a human responds in just that way to a particular instrument.
“Por Una Mujer Bonita”- Now we have the Spanish lyrics song and I am lost. I understand the title, and that is all. Quicker rhythm associated here and that accordion stands up and out for a giant enjoyment. I’m sure if I threw a party, the Spanish cats would yip and holler for this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment