Thursday, January 6, 2011

#23 Sting


All This Time/I Miss You Kate- Sting
“All This Time”- It is unfair that this song uses a ukulele for its opening. I cringed as it rapidly strummed, but I turned my ear down to it and things improved. Sting songs play with all encompassing familiarity. They vary in the instruments used, but his voice does not change pitch at all. I do not know if his accent is stronger than variances allow, no. It just does not falter ever. It sounds as though he takes a machine, places any tune or melody, any rhythm and chorus, any line, and runs it through the Police Machine and out spits the common warble we all know.
“I Miss You Kate”- This song did not run through the Police Machine. It sounds like a late night, piano bar tune that is somber with an inkling of hope. Very moving tune, Gordon.

No comments:

Post a Comment