Thursday, January 6, 2011

A little break, a little introduction.

I’m taking a little break here to talk about something that is not Country music. I’m playing these singles on a Stanton T-120 turntable using a Grado, Blue1 stylus. I run that through a Rane mixer into a Marantz receiver. The sound is loud and powerful and the good songs come out with vengeance. If I put on my KRK headphones, I can hear the platter moving. When I play these records, I hear every mistake the studio lets slip. This is a slice of heaven right now. All this new music to me, it envelopes and unleashes endorphins through my ears, cramming up my brain.

1 comment:

  1. I'm now playing these on my Technics 1200 mk5 on a Grado Red Stylus. The Stanton is being fitted with a new tonearm. Everything else is consistent.

    ReplyDelete