Wednesday, December 29, 2010

#9 Aaron Tippin


I Wonder How Far It Is Over You/ You Should See Me Missing You- Aaron Tippin
“I Wonder HFItIOY”- Aaron really loved the woman he is running away from. He drove his car from Tennessee until it broke down in Texas, where he proceeded to walk until he reached New Mexico, straight through to California, and hitting the ocean. That is a haul. Now I wonder; is he going for realism in this song? I mean, instead of impossible locations as the moon or the end of the universe, he chose the ocean. I digress, but this does sound like the actual drivable/travelable route that he did take, via Greyhound, though weeping the entire crossing. At least he did not choose the standard drink to forget her way, no. That is not the model way. Alternatively, the murder-spree option might be doable. As for the music, a pretty fiddle cannot compete with his voice. I believe that Aaron is the Emo of country music. This sad-sack song just cries out wrist-slashing and sad face photography.
“You SSMMY”- I am certain these lyrics are earnest. It's just that, they mirror 10th grade poetry. Did Aaron really believe the threat or idea of his ex witnessing him wandering around in his pajamas, moping over a photo album of the two, going through old letters, and forget-me-nots? Did he hope that would bring her back? Is this the woman of his dreams? One that swoons over the idea that he falls apart and believes the phrase, “That’ll show her”? Come on, man!

No comments:

Post a Comment