Tuesday, December 28, 2010

#1 Billy Joel

Billy Joel- Allentown/Elvis Presley Blvd.
Allentown- I knew this song right away. This was a freebie given to me, by the company this set was purchased. This was a staple video on MTV and did not leave much of an impression on me. I do notice the false beginning on this song now, and that is admirable; as is the pre-steampunk influence. I could also venture the machine-based sound effects that become the beat are an obvious notion that Mr. Joel was borrowing from Kraftwerk. If I had some C2H5OH, this song would reign.
Elvis Presley Blvd.- Ummm… I hate to admit, but I like this song. The slight guitar solo’s, they made my head bob. The abrupt ending is kinda’ unique too. I am torn; I should not like this song. The coos in the chorus do not make my ears wish for tinnitus. Billy, thanks for the decent song.

Allentown
Elvis Presley Blvd.

No comments:

Post a Comment