Tuesday, December 28, 2010

#2 Greg Kihn Band

Jeopardy/Fascination- Greg Kinh Band
"Jeopardy"- Continuing with the 1980’s, we get a picture sleeve out of these 400 singles. This is on Beserkley Records, home of The Modern Lovers. I did not know the label had artists like Kihn on it, but they do. I never thought much of this song and it stays muddled with Weird Al’s parody in my mind. I do like the ending and have a feeling it is dynamite at live shows. Probably extended and looped in a chaotic crescendo, with the members hopping around like hell, rambling all away from the original tune.


"Fascination"- A goofy call and response chorus outlines this simple song. It has a pause in the middle, while kitsch, that sounds clever here. He screams the chorus towards the end, and I lament that this song may have rocked more outside the studio. If I had my hair feathered and my collar popped, I would put this on a mixtape anonymously and send it to my sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment