Wednesday, December 29, 2010

#10 Michelle Wright

The Change/If I’m Ever Over You- Michelle Wright
“The Change”- I just cannot get into this song. There is some emotion in the voice, and some of the music breaks out from typical structure, but it is so bland. It has a very polished studio sound, and if you went to hear this live, you would be disappointed. Plus when you have the lines, “The words are unspoken, it’s all understood” they just belittle the point you have in singing the song at all.
“If I’m Ever Over You”- Country music is the exemplary of lament. These poor souls have tumultuous amounts of emotion in just breaking up with someone. Her heartbreak is on par with hell. I know children will wish for futile things from God, but grown women should not. Forget peace and harmony, “Lord won't you give me one day, One day without wanting him here”. Come on, woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment