Sunday, February 19, 2012

#27 C.C. Adcock

Cindy Lou/ Done Most Everything- C.C. Adcock
Cindy Lou- There is a drawl to the vocals and I'm sure it is form his Southern roots. The vocal microphone has that fuzz effect that buries it so slightly beneath the music. The simple lyrics make a catchy call and response, perfect in crowds for certain. The addition of the accordion solo cements the Cajun style in this song. The bass is of the classic bouncy material (I immediately reminisce the Tom & Jerry cartoon where Jerry plays the bass using Tom's whiskers for the strings) and I'll bet anything members of the audience will make a "bomp, bomp, bomp" onomatopoeia sound to mimic its rhythm. Great song.



Done Most Everything- A drinking song that I would sway along with, yes! This is a duet with Tommy McLaine, but if it didn't state that, I would have thought he was just overdubbing back-up vocals of himself. The horns add a sleazy twist to this song. The saxophone solo hits super-high notes that leave me wanting more. There are huge accents on the tom tom drums towards the climax, and the final piano/guitar fight capitalize a great song. Perfect addition to my collection.
 Cindy Lou
 Done Most Everything
Oh yeah, check out the A & B sides of the vinyl. Side A is Southside and Side B is Northside. Classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment